Your first visit to Biloxi Family Dental Care will likely begin with a telephone call (228-273-8989) from Cheryl, our patient administrator. This screening call will inform us of your dental needs and allow us to verify dental insurance. You will also have the option for how you prefer to submit your new patient paperwork. After this call, we will be ready to welcome you to your appointment.
On the day of your appointment, please bring any of the following that apply:
- A list of medications you are taking
- New patient paperwork
- X-rays or chart notes from a previous dentist
- Paperwork from an urgent care center or emergency room
The reason for your first appointment will determine what will happen:
- If you are coming for an urgent matter like tooth pain, this is a limited exam where our dentist, Dr. Grafton Teets, will take a single X-ray and focus on the presenting problem only. His goals will be to get you out of pain, diagnose the problem and have you return to fix the problem.
- If you are coming in to establish as a patient, you will be given a comprehensive exam, X-rays and a cleaning at the same time (whenever possible). You will meet Shoretta, our dental assistant, and/or Kaylan, our hygienist. Also, following your complete exam, Dr. Teets will have the information needed to work with you to formulate a treatment plan. He will consider your oral health issues and your preferences.
You will then check out with Cheryl, who will assist with insurance/financial questions and scheduling your next appointment here or with a specialist in Biloxi, Mississippi.